Friday, July 27, 2018

The First of MANY Tests In Married Life

Okay, so I got married later in life(at 30) and stayed home until I did so.  I was never a mooch nor a sponge.  I gave my parents help(financially) whenever asked.  That being said, onto the first of what ends up being very many tests in my married life.  It was just 3 months after the wedding when I got those two beautiful lines....I was pregnant!!  I didn't realize how naive I was in the whole conception(biology) scheme of things.  We immediately made phones calls.  We were ecstatic.  I went for the blood work which confirmed that I was indeed pregnant.  For almost a week, we were on cloud nine.  Then, I started having pain.  Fairly new the the computer world, I looked up and realized it could be pregnancy related or it could be......worse.  It was the latter.  The look on my husband's face(of what I assumed was a massive disappointment in me) shattered me.  He had left for work and I simply waited.  I tried to hold out hope, but had started what looked like a period but felt so much worse(pain wise).  My sister and her husband came to take me to the ER, where my husband met me and an examination confirmed what I had already suspected.....I suffered a miscarriage.  I still didn't equate, in my head, that cells were just beginning to divide and an embryo forming.  In my mind, I lost a baby.  A day later, the doctor's office called to check on me and I cried to the nurse what happened.  She had mentioned the term 'chemical pregnancy' which I just did not compute.  Hearing how hysterical crying I was, the doctor got on the phone and explained that there was no actual baby, it was just in the beginning stages of development etc.  Like I said, at the age I was, I just didn't realize the whole concept.  I made myself well schooled in the science of 'reproduction', almost too much.  Instead of just 'trying' for subsequent babies, it became a series of timing, ovulation drugs and hope.  At one point, yes, it became 'work' and not so much 'fun', but my husband and I got creative in our journey towards parenthood.  That's what true love is....getting creative in your process rather than giving up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment