Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Another wedding???!!!

The year 2000 was the year of the weddings on our family.  My sister and his brother and one of his sisters.  Literally, when they heard of our engagement, is was like 'another wedding!!??'  We figured we'd give them a break and planned it for 2001.  Everyone was like, but that's an odd numbered year...bad luck...we were like no biggie, we're up for the challenge.  Not to mention the date we chose ended up being during Lent, which I guess in the olden days, it was a no-no to get married during that time, but I digress.  It was all it was meant to be...the calls, the orders, the payments....THE STRESS.  The best was when I went for my wedding dress.  It was me, my mom and her mom(my grandma Rose).  I tried on and tried on, each meeting with a courteous smile.  I was at a point where I wanted to stop, because trying on 50 pound dresses was so-o-o-o much fun and then it happened.  I told the girl assisting me this was the last one, I was tired, on my period and just wanted to bury my face in a vat of chocolate.  I came out and the girl put me in front of the mirror.  I had stopped trying to get my mom and grandma's attention.  I thought, hmm this has potential.  I turned around and there they were, mouths agape and my mom teary eyed.  That solidified it....I said yes to that dress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment