Thursday, July 12, 2018

Party hangover ;)

So I get a call from the gentleman I met at the holiday party.  I was pleasantly surprised.  We chatted up a bit and then he asked me out.  I forget how long afterwards, but our first date was far from romantic.  We went over to his house, chatted some more over wine(or beer, can't recall).  He 'cooked' a frozen pizza in his convection/microwave(terrible idea).  But he did it and was so adorably shy at wanting to be a gentleman, it turned out to be the best date ever(I really mean that).  He was there, no filter, no machismo, just him and how he was and at that moment, I knew.  At the time, I wasn't really sure 'if' I knew, but I had a gut feeling.  Then after one week(or was it 2), he told me he loved me.  It wasn't the hearts and flowers TV/movie love, but real, salt of the earth, I'll always be here for you love.  Without hesitation, I blurted out that I loved him too.We got to know one another over the coming months.  There were ups and downs, but we recovered and persevered.  It was right.  One evening after work, I was waiting for him at his house.  Not feeling particularly well, I was sitting on the couch after he had gotten home.  He brought in this jelly bean filled glass(as it was almost Easter) stating that there was chocolate in it too(he knew I was a chocoholic).  I passed it up, not opening it for at least an hour.  We started watching a movie and again he mentioned about the chocolate.  I started to feel bad that I didn't open his thoughtful gift, so I tugged at the ribbon and was fishing around for a jellybean I liked. He stated again, about the chocolate and that maybe it was as the bottom and to dump it out on the coffee table.  So I did.........but there was no chocolate, only a dark red velvet box and I, for the first time, was speechless.  I opened it and there was a very genuine, simple and elegant ring.  At first he stood there with his hands in his pockets and matter of factly stated 'well, will you marry me?'  Of course I said yes and then he got down on one knee, placed the ring on my finger.  It had only been 4 months since we met, but I knew...that first night I met him I knew, ya know?!

No comments:

Post a Comment