Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Is THIS Love??

I was 16 and needed a date for prom.  Actually, I really, really wanted to go and unfortunately, no one had asked me yet.  Still determined, I made up my mind to quit waiting for the question and ask it myself!!  After all, I was a strong and determined woman(though I didn't know it....yet).  I forget the actual day, but I remember being in a bowling alley parking lot hanging with friends.  A guy friend, from another school, was taking his girlfriend(who attended my school).  He was there with his friend, a guy I thought was cute who had this incredible head of curly hair.  I was like, okay, it's now or never.  Still being shy, I called my guy friend over and asked him to ask his friend if he would go to prom with me.  They took a walk inside the bowling alley.  It was the longest 10 minutes of my life.  Then, the doors opened and they walked out.  At that moment, the world stopped.....time stopped...I stopped...waiting for the answer.  His guy friend came over to me, smiled and said.....YES!!!!  Turns out he liked me, I kind of liked him.  So, not only did I end up with a prom date, I got a boyfriend.  We ended up together for 9 years, were engaged, he cheated on me, was planning a wedding with someone else at the same time we were planning ours etc.  To quote the late George Carlin "It was a Mongolian cluster fuck".  I was devastated, nearly killed myself, swore of men forever.  All this while, fate was working her wonderful hand and, though at the time I didn't know this, it ended up being a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment